Friday 8 February 2013

Remembering Barking Flamingo

(x-post from my review on Beer Advocate)


Barking Flamingo. This beer man. Wow. Barking Bob says to me "Man it smells like band-aids and hotdog water".
You know it kinda does. And it kinda tastes a bit that way too. BUT I WANT MORE.

This was a few years back, so I'm going off memories here, as they don't make this amazing beer anymore. And never will, because they sold their soul to Milhouse.
This was my first introduction to a framboise, and I liked it. Slightly sour, a little tart, sweet raspberries but not too sweet.

This beer was proper pink, and the bottle shops didn't know what to do with it.
They were selling cartons for $20 because they were confused, we stocked up big time. It was the summer of barking. Everything was barking, barking cricket, barking moths, barking pork crackling, barking glass of water, Barking Craig, barking fucking everything.

This beer smells like it was forged in a horse stable. Poured into a glass by a surly duck that had just slapped a llama, hard. Also, for some reason the llama was wearing expensive perfume and cheap lipstick. But the taste, the taste is what's important. Not mouthfeel or appearance (looks like a beer, feels like a beer), ok maybe this time it didn't look like a beer but you get my point.
The taste, man, it was so long ago, I can't accurately describe it, but I know it was good. It was real good, and I'll never forget you, you'll be eternally etched into my top 10 all time beers, you saucy Barking Flamingo.


1 comment: